15 February, 2020

An excellent initiative of WA: week-end reads

I have usually a highly critical attitude towards the IAAF, sorry, World Athletics. (I guess that I will end up by getting accustomed to the new name. But it may take some more time). My position became even stronger in the post-Coe era. One expects a champion with an almost legendary status, like sir Sebastian, to be more daring in modernising athletics. But this not the story I am going to tell today.

The site of WA (yes, this is the abbreviation for World Athletics) has been recently revamped. There were some bloopers in the very first days but by now everything functions smoothly. One new feature that I liked a lot are the Weekend Reads.



They present a collection of articles on athletics from the past seven days. The choice is excellent and the accompanying illustrations of great taste. Of course nothing is 100 % OK. First, just try to find the Weekend Reads on the site of WA. The search leads you nowhere. I had to ask Google to locate the page for me. Just so that you will not have to do the same, here is a link to the page. It is well hidden inside the lifestyle pages, themselves being part of Be Active. Go figure. 



Second, there does not seem to be an archive of the previous editions of Weekend Reads. Once the week is gone, the collection vanishes into thin air. This is really a pity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment