01 December, 2020

A resurrection

In February I published a post concerning the site by P. Larsson which gives the all-time athletics performances. The post's title was "Is this site dead?". What spurred me to write that was the fact that the site was not updated since the end of October, while the indoor season was already underway. 

I voiced my concern and I (somehow) apologised for the indelicate choice of the title. It was definitely politically incorrect (but I am not very good at political correctness, preferring a straightforward language).

Well, it turns out that the site is not dead after all. The first update made its appearance just after the Impossible Games in June (I had to use the Wayback Machine in order to find a snapshot of the site containing the funny misprint which did survive for a few weeks). 


By now the site is back and thriving, regularly updated in order to keep track of current events. But keep in mind that the site is focusing on the "best" performances and while its lists are very deep they draw the line at some (very) high level. For example women's high jump last listed performance is 1.98 m while the corresponding men's one is 2.31 m. So if you are looking for "lesser" performances you are out of luck. Fortunately the blog trackinsun is giving an (almost day by day) account of competition results from all over the world going back all the way to 2011. (Keep in mind that the format of trackinsun will change from next year. I will write about this in a future post, once more details are available).

No comments:

Post a Comment