25 September, 2020

I can't believe I hadn't linked to this blog

From time to time I give links to blogs on athletics which may be of interest to my readers. Some of them are by now dead, some are on life support but some are still thriving. Since I am not updating the information on the pages I cite, I suggest that you bookmark them (if you find them interesting) so that you can follow them if you wish. I confess to not following systematically all the blogs I have linked to in the past, but I have them bookmarked, so...

From time to time I visit the pages of an excellent blog: runblogrun. It is curated by Larry Eder who has a huge experience in sports journalism. The blog is active since 2007 (way to go Rethinking) and publishes several articles daily (the record is more than 200 in a month). Between the time I wrote the article, 19/9, and the time I published it, 25/9, runblogrun had published 26 more articles. Of course this means that there is whole team working on the blog, but the high quality result is something that can shame even the official website of World Athletics. So, do not hesitate, take the time to visit this blog.

Visiting the blog I happened upon the article on the ex-IAAF (IAAF is what is now known as World Athletics) president Lamine Diack. The news are that he was just convicted to a jail term and a stiff fine (together with his son Papa Masatta Diack) for his "full protection" scheme aiming at hushing up doping violations of russian athletes. You can read the full article, by Sean Ingle of the Guardian, here.

P.M. Diack who claims to be too rich to be tempted by bribes

The role of the Diack's in the award of the 2016 Olympics to Rio and of those of 2020 to Tokyo is the object of an ongoing investigation by the french judicial system.

No comments:

Post a Comment