09 September, 2019

RIP P.J. Vazel blog

If you read this blog you'll have certainly noticed that I do appreciate the writings of P.J. Vazel (although I do disagree with him on the question of hyperandrogenic women and in particular C. Semenya).

P.J. Vazel was blogging for quite some time and I was regularly following his blog, which was for me a source of inspiration. And then, after the Rio Olympics, the blog went into radio silence. His last post was on August 19, on the olympic 50 km race-walking held under a scorching sun. On January 2018 I did rejoice as another article was posted in the blog. I did even announce this in my post "Vazel is back". Alas, I was overly optimistic. Nothing did appear in the wake of that article and when I checked for the blog (as I was doing from time to time) I was greeted by the following page:



Vazel's blog was definitely dead. Fortunately I had saved the pdfs of all the articles I was interested in. But how about the ones I haven't saved? Well, the Wayback Machine comes to rescue in this case. Don't forget that all the web is archived. So, if you wish to find an article of Vazel, say, the one on hyperandrogenic women, which has disappeared from the blog, well, here it is.

P.J. Vazel is, of course, always active. His page on twitter is worth following. Still, I will miss his blog posts and the great technical articles he has produced over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment