08 October, 2018

The blog is five years old

I started publishing this blog in 2013, inspired by the book of R. Juilland "Rethinking Track and Field". Five years later the blog is alive and is been followed by at least a handful of persons interested in athletics. Three years ago there have been some unexplainable statistics of blog views,


but things have gone back to normal over the past two years. Counting these abnormal views, the blog has been visited 78500 times since 2013. The current rate is circa 800 views per month which means around 10k visitors per year. 

The posts that are attracting the largest number of readers are given in the list below.


However the pole vault article is slowly catching up with the javelin one. I wouldn't be surprised if by next year the former finds itself at the top-read position. 

Over the years I have published 165 articles, which translates to between 2 and 3 articles per month. This is a rate that I find comfortable and hope to maintain for some more years.

In retrospect, the one crtique that can be formulated is that my posts lack videos. I could have done this easily by linking to youtube (blogger does this out of the box). But, somehow, I don't like the pervasive attitude of youtube and, moreover, videos with unsure digital rights have the bad tendency to disappear. Thus I preferred not to enter this game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment