24 November, 2022

Carles Baronet launches a newsletter

I have written time and again about C. Baronet, the renowned Catalan athletics statistician. For many years he was blogging in his blog Trackinsun. (Curious as it may sound I have never posted an article linking to that blog. It was mentioned in my post on P. Larsson's all-time performances, where I was giving a screen-shot of the Trackinsun banner, but there was never a dedicated article). Unfortunately, Trackinsun disappeared and Baronet decided to publish a weekly newsletter. In spring 2021 he was associated with the excellent site SomosAtletismo, created by J. Estruch. Alas, that site folded after a few months (but all 16 magazines published are still online and I suggest that you go and download them: they are of top quality).

The 2021 newsletter campaign was rather short-lived and a year ago Baronet announced the creation of a new blog. I linked to that, but it turned out that this formula was not satisfactory either and so, in September, Baronet went back to newsletters. As you can imagine I did immediately sign up for them and I have been receiving them in my inbox every week.

The major change is that from 2023 the newsletters will be a subscription-only affair. The price is fixed: 39 euros for the whole year. And in February, May, June and July there are two issues each week. (Those are the months when major championships are held and thus one expects a slew of interesting results). 

Starting from October, the newsletter was revamped: the name Trackinsun is back, and a photo is adorning the cover. The one below is from Esther Guerrero's 1500 m victory in New York, this winter, at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix.

If you wish to subscribe to Carles Baronet's newsletter (which I urge you to do) you can contact him through email, and he will explain the payment procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment