22 April, 2022

The LetsRun webpage

This is another website that I would recommend to you. LetsRun is, according to the site's authors, the Running's Homepage. And it does indeed a great job at that.


I knew about the site and I went back to it recently when I was looking for articles concerning the Tokyo Marathon. You know, the 2021 Tokyo Marathon which was held in March 2022 still keeping the 2021 moniker while the 2022 Tokyo Marathon was cancelled (!). I was following Eliud Kipchoge's attempt to win another one of the World Marathon Majors. Which he did with flying colours, and the 4th best time in history, confirming the fact that he is the best marathoner ever. (By the way, Brigid Kosgei won the women's race with the 3rd best time ever).

LetsRun is a great site, perhaps a tad US-centric, but still of very high quality. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. They have a paid tier, what they call the supporter's club, which gives access to some members-only content. But most of the site is available to everybody.

While perusing the homepage I found, in the message board discussions, the announcement that Iowa has banned transgender athletes from competing in women's sports. The regular readers of the blog know that I am a great fan of women's athletics and I cannot stand the cheating by men who decide to participate in women's competitions. I have a great respect for transgender individuals but when it comes to competitive sports a line must be drawn. Women have struggled for decades in order to be allowed to compete in athletics (and sports in general). It would be really sad to see everything collapse in the name of gender self-determination freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment