23 February, 2022

The Team Athletics site

I came across the Team Athletics site when the author left a comment on the blog. As always I go through the comments, delete all the trash (the ones that are lightly veiled adds) and usually reply to the authors of the valid comments. In this case the situation was more interesting since Afam (the author of the comment and of Team Athletics) left me the address of his site.


I visited Team Athletics and decided that I would present it in my blog since the whole idea behind Afam's site is the "rethinking" that has spurred the creation of the present blog. The author proposes several team versions of athletics competitions.  As of this writing there are six proposals but there may be more of those in the future. Some of those, like the hurdles relay or the elimination race, resonate strongly with the ideas presented here over the years.

As always I will voice my pessimism concerning the possible adoption of such events. World Athletics is not known for their will to innovate. However the proposals in Team Athletics could very well find their way in local, friendly, competitions adding this touch of camaraderie to our, par excellence, individual discipline.

So, if you wish to have a look at some fresh ideas for our sport just go visit Team Athletics.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the exposure! Since we first communicated I've managed to host a speed trap meeting and the first team elimination 5k is scheduled for this Saturday! I agree with the sentiment of the commentary here. These are all just ideas for now, and I'll have to prove their value by continuously hosting, publicising and refining the events until they start to gain recognition (hopefully)

    ReplyDelete